What Kind of Food is Acceptable?
- Fresh fruit, vegetables
- Baked goods (rolls, bread, cakes, cookies)
- Packaged, canned goods, and dry goods
- Prepared and perishable foods that have been temperature controlled
- Frozen foods
- Food that has been placed out in eating areas (sealed packages okay)
- Food prepared with alcohol or sulfites
- Spoiled food, display foods, perishable food not refrigerated or heated (lower than 41 degrees, or above 200 degrees) for two hours or more
- Insect or rodent contaminated products
And, of course, please make sure your hands and clothes are clean before handling any food.
Read More About Food Donations Guidelines:
PDF of Guidelines from LA County.Gov: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/eh/docs/WhatsNew/FoodDonations.pdf
Guidelines from LessIsMore.org: http://www.lessismore.org/materials/219-food-donation